HOW TO OWN YOUR SHIT

Alrighty guys, so today I have something new for you. Whilst chatting with some friends the other day, I was complimented on my confidence and my, and I quote, "I don't give a shit" attitude. Now the attitude part didn't come as a shock because we all knew about that. But the confidence thing, when the hell did that happen? I've always been a self conscience person - the "omg why did I do/say this, I bet everyone thinks I'm an idiot and are judging me so hard rn" type to be exact. Looking back at myself a few years ago I realized that I am so much more accepting of myself and not so conscience of what other people think. Looking even deeper I discovered some ideologies and realizations that I have aquired (unknowingly) that helped grow my confidence. I decided to share these with you in hopes that it will help someone out there learn to love themselves and do their own thing. With that I present to you 'The Unofficial Guide To Owning Your Shit'.

1. Love yourself. Simple as that. Love and appreciate everything about yourself. Your body, face, hair, everything. Remember that you are unique and you are beautiful, inside and out.

2. Know that others love you too. I know this may not sound like something that helps boost self confidence but it truly is. Just knowing that there is someone out there loves you and is rooting for you can give you such confidence. I'm not quite sure what it is about it. And if you don't think you have that person in your life, know that I'm here and I believe in you.

3. Follow your heart. When you're doing something that you truly love and something that you're truly passionate in, your acheivements will give you an amazing feeling of self satisfaction. So much so that you won't have a choice but to love yourself for how far you come and all you've accomplished.

4. Like what you like and own it. Do not conform to what "mainstream" society dictates as cool because I can garauntee you that no one actually gives a shit. Only a small percent of the population actually like what's considered "cool". If everyone liked the same things, then the world would have no diversity. And without diversity, the world woould be a dull and boring place. But remember that it's perfectly fine to like something "mainstream". Genuine interest is key. Fake interest due to peer pressure is a faux pas.

5. Wear what you want to wear. This one is definitely a biggie for me. It took me far to long to actually come to the realization that I don't really care what people think as long as I'm feeling fabulous. If I want to wear heeled ankle boots and a kimono to school then guess what, I'm gonna wear heeled ankle boots and a kimono to school. If anyone has anything negative or judgemental to say about it then they have another thing coming. Oh and another small tip: listen to girl bands when you get ready in the morning and you'll feel invincible. Try "Worth It" by Fifth Harmony.

6. Support others. This is another one that may not seem like it apply to you but it really does. A little kindness goes a long way on both sides. Not only does it help boost their self confidence, but (if you're like me) seeing others happy and thriving gives me such joy. And knowing that I may have had some part in that makes me feel amazing inside, therefore, helping boost my own self confidence.

7. If you're still feeling down about yourself, read this:


8. Fake it till you make it. This is one of my top secrets when it comes to a positive self image. I guess when you fake it for so long, something inside of you just flips and pretty soon, it's not that fake anymore. 

Remember that self confidence is one of thee most important thinngs for a woman to have, but it is also one of the hardest to achieve. And remember that it's okay if you're not a 10 on the confidence scale. It might take some time, but you'll get there I promise. If you ever need to talk remember that I'm here and I'm rooting for you. Love you guys xoxo!






Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© That Chick Named Sarah. Design by Fearne.